Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sick

Our little Coco bug has NEVER in his 2 years and 5 months been sick. No sneezes or runny nose. No nausea or vomiting. Until now. One night while Noah and I were up late I heard a bit of a "bark" coming from Cohen's room. Noah had his earphones in like he always does when he is working on his computer. So I snuck into his room to check it out. I leaned in for a closer listen and then it happened again. "Bark, bark" "Oh crap" I thought. I was sure it was the croup. I hurried out of the room (Cohen still sleeping at this point) and told Noah who didn't believe me and went to listen for himself. I also snuck in to take his temp with my new temporal thermometer. It was 101. So I made a midnight run down to the drugstore to get a humidifier and a smorgasbord of meds. I came home and set everything up just in time for Cohen to wake up and realize he felt like you know what. I held him in my arms while he screamed. He was so hot and sweaty from his fever and so congested he couldn't breathe. I felt completely and totally powerless so I did the only thing I could do. Cry. We got some tylenol in him and turned on the humidifier to high, sat with him in our arms, and had a pretty restless nights sleeping sitting up. The next day Noah took him to the doctor who confirmed it was probably a flu bug. But we didn't expect strep. So the Dr sent Noah on his way with some antibiotics and a little watery eyed, runny nosed child. Daddy held him all day long while mommy was worried sick at work. I was able to snap a few iPhone shots of the 3-5 days he was sick.

So stuffy it was coming out his eyes
This is pretty much the only position we were in for days
Of course with a little loving and rest he reverted back to the same ol Cohen
We love the old Cohen. We hope sick Cohen never comes back to visit-at least not for a long time.

0 Comments: