Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Nursing Graduation

Well I did it. WE did it. Nursing school involves the whole family. After two (plus) years of hard work I finally have my RN! I am so excited! I can't imagine anything I'd rather do:) Thank you EVERYONE that has supported me through this very long and exhausting process. This wasn't easy on any of us. I remember the day I was accepted to nursing school. I received an email on my phone at the hospital the day after I gave birth to my little Cohen. I was so happy I cried (or maybe it was the hormones). So off to school I went, Cohen just 3 months of age, and a hubby that looked at me as I skipped out the door with a look of "what the hell am I supposed to do now" on his lovely face. Little did we know that was just the beginning. 
On to semester two, I started to go blind and then found out I had MS. It was such a shock and so devastating to the whole family. We somehow survived- and with me getting an A's and B's (remember 75% is failing). 
Semester three was pretty uneventful, however our little Tshirt business slowed WAYYY down and we had some medical bills and school to pay for. But we made it through.
Semester four-the last one. Hardest by far. Had a relapse of my MS, and more medical tests. I couldn't concentrate this time. Business still slow, more medical bills, more medicine that made me sick, more devastation for all but...
WE SURVIVED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND NOAH AND COHEN AND CAROL FOR ALL THE FREE BABYSITTING, EMOTIONAL SUPPORT, AND PHLOP SHOP SERVICE. TO MY FAMILY FOR ALL THE PHONE CALLS AND SUPPORT THROUGH THE TOUGH TIMES. SPECIAL THANKS TO GRANDMA AND GRANDPA KENYON FOR MAKING THIS ALL POSSIBLE. WITHOUT YOU I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GO TO SCHOOL. THANK YOU FRIENDS (you know who you are) WHO WERE ALWAYS THERE FOR ME AND MAKING SURE I WAS OK. NONE OF THIS WOULD BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT ALL OF YOU!

1 Comment:

Jeni Lyn said...

yeah! Congradulations!