Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Color of the day = GREEN

We recently asked a good friend how he taught his kid colors. Cohen has been hit and miss with our color practices. We would lay all the colors out and practice each one: "Cohen, which color is red..." and sometimes he would be right, sometimes not. Our friend said his little one has the "color of the day" at his daycare where one whole day is devoted to just ONE color. Talk about much less confusion. Here we were shoving all these colors in front of Cohen expecting him to sort them all out. So today was our first Color of the Day. Cohen chose green out of all the colors and it looked like a leprechaun threw up but it was fun:)
We gathered as many of his green toys as we could
And I decorated the wall
I had to get a picture so I very nicely displayed his toys.

Well I think it worked because I showed him a green crayon tonight and he said "green". We will see how tomorrow goes!

2 Comments:

Lisa said...

Such a cute idea.

I love that book by the way. It is one of my favs.

Heather said...

Clever, clever!