Saturday, August 16, 2008

Brand New Shoes

I found the perfect sandals on our California trip for Cohen but they were $40. They were perfect for his chubby little feet. The velcro opened all the way so you could just set his foot inside and strap them on. Not too hot either. I didn't buy them because I though I might be able to get them cheaper here in AZ. They were crocs and I thought no way could tiny little sandals cost that much. So we came back here and went to a croc stand at the mall and found the same pair in a better color...but they were $40 too. We got them anyways because our little guy is so close to walking and they are super easy to take on and off. 

The model wearing his new shoes
now from the side...very sleek...
trying to walk with mommy's help (yes he was just crying)
Oh there is more to this story! I have been with Cohen every day, all day since summer started and I am out of school. I miss nothing, I'm always taking pictures of the smallest milestones. So yesterday (Friday, August 15, 2008) I had to run to the store at 7PM to get some groceries. I was gone about 45 min. I noticed that Noah had tried to call a bunch of times. I was freakin out. I finally got a hold of him and he sounded panicked: "Cohen took 2 steps while you were gone" he shouted. What!? My little baby, whom I was hoping and praying for the day I would get him to take his first few precious steps, walked without me there! I missed it! I couldn't believe it. He hasn't done it since. I tried to get him to take some steps when I got home but he wasn't having it. Guess he is saving his energy:(

1 Comment:

Codie said...

I missed Morgan's first step too. I think kids just like to show off for daddies more than mommies. Secondly...no matter the cost of good shoes invest in them now. I buy stride rites for my kids because they are wide and help them to balance better. It is definately not your last $40 on litle shoes. Sucks. I know. I don't even spend that much on my own shoes.