Saturday, August 30, 2008

Birthday Preparations

Turning one year old is such an exciting and special time in a child's life, but I'm pretty sure Noah and I are MUCH more excited than Cohen is. I don't think he even knows what is coming. I found these cupcakes online and wanted to copy them so bad. They are inspired by the BACKYARDIGANS, Cohen's favorite show. I was afraid to attempt them because some of them are made with fondant, which I've heard is hard to work with. His birthday isn't for another 5 weeks, but I had to do a run through. 

Here is the inspiration cupcakes....awesome!
And here is mine. Not too shabby. It was A LOT of work but totally worth it!
I made him a BACKYARDIGANS birthday banner
With the BACKYARDIGANS logo
And of course the characters (i traced the outline and then freehanded the inside.)
I felt like a kid again this weekend with all the paint, colored pencils, baking, and getting really really messy. It was so fun. And what made it even better was that it is for Cohen's bday. We also have all the decorations ordered, balloons and all. The only thing left is the bouncy rental, some gifts, and making the food. Phew! I can't wait. Cohen probably won't know what is going on, but I'm still excited. 

1 Comment:

Jason and Natalie White said...

Your such a good mom!! Even though he really won't know what's going on, just to see the smile is priceless. Nice job on everything.