Monday, June 23, 2008

Is Blue REALLY Better?

Okay. So we recently got this new couch. We LOVE it. So I thought, why not paint too and change the look of the room? So I figured blue looks really good with brown (we have alot of brown in that room including curtains and other wood furniture). So I went down to Dunn Edwards and bought 3 little buckets of blue paint. One was bright blue (we're talking "blues clues"), one was blue green (very "spa" like), and one was a stormy blue (grey-blue). Well we chose the stormy blue because we liked the grey in it. Once I got it on I wasn't so sure. I mean, it was ALOT of blue. So I decided to ask people on my blog what they think. 

This is a before picture: brown couch, sage green walls, and me playing xbox
This is after the blue paint

another after shot
So be honest... I can take it. 

5 Comments:

Lisa said...

I think it looks nice. The blue looks calming and soft.

Give it a while. Maybe it's hard to get used to because it's so different than what you had before.

The Field's said...

Your too nice. The blue is calming...I must admit. I think that is why it's growing on me. I have too much time to think about these things while I'm off of school for the summer. My husband told me to get a hobby...

Jeni Lyn said...

Well, I would say that it looks suprisingly nice. I actually hate the color blue but this works really well. That shade of blue works very nice with the brown.

Codie said...

I like it but think you need a splash of red or orange in there. Maybe cover some pillows with new cases. Just add some more color and I think you will love it more.

Amber said...

This is amber from the unnecessary blog. You left a comment about the pillows and I am sure that a zipper or buttons would work great however, I personally have no clue how to do those things because I am a major begginer! About your blue- I think it is awesome when people are bold in their homes- the thing I would suggest is finding out if you are a warm or cool colored person. I like warm colors so no matter how hard I try to do something cool like greys and blues I never feel totally comfortable in my space and I end up switching back! you are the one who lives in your home so make sure you love it and that is really all that matters! Thanks for viewing my blog- your family is adorable! Look at the clothes you feel most comfy in and use their colors for inspiration in your home